PARENTING WITH EASE
PARENTING WITH EASE
Who says parenting is a difficult thing? Why do you think it can be a hard phase in life? Are you trying to parent from what others have said is the way to do it? What can be more fun than being a parent? Now tell me, what came to mind when you read “Parenting with Ease”.
When it comes to family life, everyone strives to figure out how the relationship between parents and children can become ideal and possible. However, it is not an easy feat. And it is important to know that the parent-child relationship is a two-way street, in other words, it is actually a partnership between a parent and their child. Parents are more aware of the growth and changes that happen with their children. This way, they can easily tackle any problem that surfaces and jump on the next available trip to help re-align with their child(ren).
Let me tell you one secret that will help you a lot of times, “children rely on their parents for safety, both physical and emotional. Reassure your children that you are there for them and that your family will get through this together”.
Here are a few tips to making your parenting years worth it:
- Answer questions about anything: Talk with children about any frightening, sad, and even interesting news they hear. Using for instance, during this pandemic, It is OK to say people are getting sick, but remind them that following safety steps like hand washing, wearing face masks, and staying home more will help the family stay healthy. Be open-minded around them because they will find your space more welcoming when you do this. Talk about sex. Talk about money, talk about work, talk about relationships. Educate them and answer all their questions.
- Recognize your child’s feelings: Always remember this; feelings are valid and can be misleading. Children are at the other end of not understanding what to do when they feel some “kind-of” way. These ways most times cannot be expressed and understood by them. It is your duty to help them answer their feelings just so they can react the best possible way. Calmly say, for example, “I can see that you are upset because you can’t have a sleepover with your friends right now.” “I know you are not happy she didn’t pick you as her friend, what if……” “
- Flee from comparison: The usage of the word “flee” is absolutely intentional. Flee from comparing your child with another. Do not even go down that path. No two individual in this world is born with the same mind, same opinion, same tastes, and so on. Every child is a particular and peculiar child, which is a very beautiful thing. Even the identical twins that we see here and there do not have sameness in all spheres or areas of their lives. Comparing your child has a way of resulting in low self-esteem and fear, do not do this! Identify your child’s talent, interests, tastes, opinions and grow them and make sure the child shines in that particular area with your support and encouragement. Call forth the greatness in each child you and fan their abilities to flames. Parenting with ease can be achieved by fleeing from comparison.
- Check your food and habits. Whatever the parents eat and drink, the child eats the same. Based on scientific research, we are what we eat!!. So, your eating habits at home are very important. Let us start eating what gives us the strength of vision, which also makes our hormones under control. Learn to eat vegetarian food and say no to non-vegetarian food and artificial foods. Eat healthy, in short.
- Be the best parent: This is the last tip I have for you on Parenting with Ease but definitely not the least. Be the best parent for your children and exhibit this in the most thoughtful and loving way. Do not forget that the child’s first school is the parent’s lap. For example, if parents are smokers then definitely the child will be a smoker and you don’t have any right to say ‘NO’ to this. So, please be careful amidst your children, the way you behave, the way you live at home, your choice of words, your selection, your tastes, etc everything will be under the observation of your children.
“If you don’t love them – don’t expect love from them”
“When you are lazy – don’t expect them to be active”
“If you are characterless – don’t expect them to be with good character, etc”
Because they come from you, sharing your blood, sharing your color, sharing your genes, sharing everything of yours. Let us change for the change of your children, change of the nation. Make parenting sweet and easy by doing all these.
Have fun activities with your children- engage in DIY Projects (you can check a few on Youtube), engage in meditation for at least 30 minutes, laugh with them, cry with them, share your limited emotions with them, make them understand what you are! And what you are for!! Be the best parent for your child and enjoy PARENTING WITH EASE.