5 TIPS ON HOW TO MANAGE YOUR TIME
Time flies always, which makes it hard to control. Being conscious of time will result in self-improvement and goal achievement. What’s the best way to manage time effectively?
- Set a time limit: This sounds like a game, right? Set a definite time limit, such as an hour or two. Then try to finish the task within the allotted time, and feel the gusto as you do it.
- Have a to-do list: This is an absolute time-saver. One of the most important reasons for keeping a to-do list is the organization. Organizing your tasks with a list can make everything much more manageable and make you feel grounded. Seeing a clear outline of your completed and uncompleted tasks will help you feel organized and stay mentally focused. If you have a to-do list, you will never have to wonder what’s on your daily agenda or what to do next. It helps to keep your mind focused. Even when you are surrounded by many distractions, your list will help to keep you on track.
- Start with your most important task: Do your most important tasks first, and in the morning because that is when you have all the energy. Adding to the fact that you feel accomplished when the most important things have been ticked off your list, which makes the rest of the day much better, and then you can dive into doing other things.
- Focus on one task at a time: You’re not a superman! If you have chosen to do a task, see it through till the end, finish it. This way you will be able to do each task on your to-do list efficiently with the feeling of satisfaction. Avoid doing partial works, you will get confused and tired at the end of the workday.
- Avoid perfection: Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good. Avoid being over analytic. Do your best always but perfection can drag you down, don’t think about it. We all should strive to be the best version of ourselves that we are capable of being, but demanding perfection is not the way to do it.
When we realize the futility of our efforts in the pursuit of perfection, we become incapacitated. Not only can we not be perfect, but we can’t even be the best at anything! So why even try? Well then, don’t. Don’t try. Avoid perfection and do something else.
Effective time management is ultimately a result of having the right attitude and commitment to your goals.
Value your time. You have 24-hours each day and then the day is over. Respect your time. Choose what you are going to focus on. That means setting priorities. A successful day is when you start with 3 clear priorities which you plan to accomplish today.
Be very patient with yourself. Sometimes you can feel like you’re missing out and want to rush things which can hinder your creativity. Trust your timing. Take a moment to get clear about your vision and take it one day at a time. Soon you’ll look back and be grateful for it all