5 WAYS TO STIR UP YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
Low self-esteem is no better home to take refuge. It does not keep you comforted from any danger; it keeps you confined away from your real belongings!
- Be more aware: The first step here is to assess your own behaviors and tendencies. Are you really someone who apologizes way too much? Knowing so will help you to carefully observe a situation before immediately blurting out the words “I’m sorry” unnecessarily. It may also help to keep a tally of how many times you apologize in a day and for what reasons. Being aware would help to check your reactions and make you more deliberate with your response to people, and feelings.
- Get comfortable with saying NO: Saying “no” can be awkward and uncomfortable for some, but it can be a very effective way to protect your time. If you’re swamped at work and a colleague asks for help, you don’t need to be sorry for not chipping in.
It is okay to say NO to people’s opinions, it is okay to ignore derogatory comments, it is absolutely okay to say NO to things that would mar your self-esteem. A person with high self-esteem is confident about his responses to the issues of life.
Whatever you say, be transparent. There’s no need to go out of your way simply because you felt bad.
- Set realistic goals: Ensure your goals are specific and achievable. Setting yourself a goal that’s entirely unattainable is not only a waste of time, it will also be a major blow to your self-esteem when you fail to hit your targets – or even come close. Also, set a time frame to achieve them. Draw up a proper plan of action – the HOW on achieving them, just so you are probably guided.
- Surround yourself with positive companies: Your companies or relationships would be of a huge influence to you. Watch out for those in your corner. Keep positive companies, this would inspire and encourage you to be a better person. Do away with negative vibes, it is one of the reasons you might have the tendency of curling into low self-esteem. Your company would determine your esteem – whether high or low.
- Take care of yourself: This is the last but definitely not the least. YOU should always come first, it is good to be empathetic, it is good to be caring, it is good to put others first but what is better is that you take care of yourself. Be kind to you. Treat yourself well, pay attention to your body, mind, and spirit.
The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.
Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect, there will always be challenges, obstacles, and less-than-perfect conditions. So what? Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, more and more successful.
Leave a Comment