MENTAL WELL-BEING TIPS FOR WOMEN
- Always check in with yourself. Take stock of your emotions by asking and answering genuinely: How are you feeling? If there has been a situation that has negatively affected your mood and well-being, it is really important, to be honest with yourself. Truly, it is harder to seek help if you don’t know what is wrong.
- Learn to manage negative self-talk. In a society where we are more connected now more than ever, it is easy to fall into a negative cycle of comparison. You must take active mindful steps to counter these thoughts by controlling them and not letting them control you.
- Practice Gratitude: Always find reasons to be grateful- from the air in your lungs to the bounce on your feet. It is important to look within and recognize the areas of one’s life that are indeed going well. It is advised to start your day with gratitude as it sets a positive pace for the rest of the day.
- Learn to take rest: Women must understand that it is not their job to do it all. The responsibilities that women carry mean that they are overwhelmed by juggling multiples roles at once. The world does not stop spinning when you take a break so remember to take time out to relax.
- Self-care should be a priority: What do you like to do for fun? Read a book, watch a movie, dance, paint, massage, and spa treatments, etc. Strive to take care of yourself and enjoy the finer things of life which you can afford. Do one small thing for yourself every day; you deserve it.
- Keep Physically Healthy: Exercise is one activity with numerous benefits which includes being a mood booster. One must therefore endeavor to exercise regularly to remain healthy. Also, it is necessary to maintain a healthy feeding habit making sure to eat a balanced meal filled with vital nutrients. One must also keep up with regular health check-ups because of changes both visible and invisible which are peculiar to women.
- Curb Isolation: Social interaction is often touted as a survival instinct. This is because humans desire relationships and strive to be part of a social network. It is therefore absolutely important for women to find a tribe of like-minded women with which they can do life- share, cry, laugh. Your tribe is like an interwoven bunch of branches on which you can rely for support; they hold you in good times and in bad times. Always remember to seek quality relationships over quantity.
- In the event that you are feeling overwhelmed and weighed down by life’s issues, please talk to someone. There are several helplines such as Pinnacle Medical Services’ Helplines through which you can speak anonymously without fear of someone recognizing you. When you are ready, you can begin to talk to your family and friends about how you are feeling. We understand that dealing with mental health issues can be difficult, however, for healing to begin, one must take the bold step of speaking out.
Never forget that you are the primary factor in your health and wellness. Love yourself enough to take the necessary steps to get healthy and stay healthy!