5 WAYS TO PREVENT BURNOUT
Burnout is a form of exhaustion caused as a result of excessive and prolonged emotional, physical, and mental stress and burnout is usually caused by one’s job.
5 ways you can prevent burnout
- Do not over saturate your to-do list. Spread your activities across the week – Create a hierarchy of your work, things that need to be done urgently do it in that day and things that can be assigned to the week administer to the week
- Develop a daily self-care routine- Examples of this could be taking walks, exercising, journaling. If you have a 9-5 and can’t exercise in the morning, exercise at night
- Practice good sleeping habits & take frequent naps- Try as much as possible to get 8 hours of sleep daily and if possible take a nap every day.
- Set work boundaries- There will be times when working outside core hours may be necessary depending on the type of work you do but if possible, set a time frame and let your client or employer know that beyond that time, you do anything regarding to work.
- Take breaks in between work- If you work in the corporate space, maximize your break time at work, stop all working activities at that time and have your lunch and relax. If you are working from home or you’re an entrepreneur set out an hour or two that you take a break from work.