PARENTING WITH EASE
Who says being a parent is difficult? Why do you believe it is a difficult time in life? Are you attempting to parent based on what others have said is the best way to do it? What could be more enjoyable than being a parent? Now tell me what you thought of when you read “Parenting with Ease.”
When it comes to family life, everyone wants to know how to make the relationship between parents and children ideal and possible. It is, however, not an easy task. It is also important to understand that the parent-child relationship is a two-way street, that is, it is a partnership between a parent and their child. Parents are more conscious of their children’s development and changes. This way, they can quickly address any issue that arises and move on to the next available tip to help their child re-align (ren).
Let me tell you a secret that will come in handy many times: “children rely on their parents for physical and emotional safety.” Assure your children that you love them and that your family will get through this together.”
Here are a few tips to making your parenting years worth it:
- Answer questions about anything: Talk with children about any frightening, sad and even interesting news they hear. Using for instance, during this pandemic, It is OK to say people are getting sick, but remind them that following safety steps like hand washing, wearing face masks and staying home more will help the family stay healthy. Be open-minded around them because they will find your space more welcoming when you do this. Talk about sex. Talk about money. Talk about work. Talk about relationships. Educate them and answer all their questions.
- Recognize your child’s feelings. Always remember this; feelings are valid and can be misleading. Children are at the other end of not understanding what to do when they feel some “kind-of” way. These ways most times cannot be expressed and understood by them. It is your duty to help them answer their feelings just so they can react the best possible way. Calmly say, for example, “I can see that you are upset because you can’t have a sleepover with your friends right now.” “I know you are not happy she didn’t pick you as her friend, what if……”
- Flee from comparison. The usage of the word “flee” is absolutely intentional. Flee from comparing your child with another. Do not even go down that path. No two individual in this world is born with the same mind, same opinion, same tastes, and so on. Every child is a particular and peculiar child, which is a very beautiful thing. Even the identical twins that we see here and there do not have sameness in all spheres or areas of their lives. Comparing your child has a way of resulting to low self-esteem and fear, do not do this! Identify your child’s talent, interests, tastes, opinions and grow them and make sure the child shines in that particular area with your support and encouragement. Call forth the greatness in each child you and fan their abilities to flames. Again, flee from comparison.
- Check your food and habits. Whatever the parents eat and drink, the child eats the same. Based on scientific research, we are what we eat!!. So, your eating habits at home are very important. Let us start eating what gives us the strength of vision, that also makes our hormones under control. Learn to eat vegetarian food and say no to non-vegetarian food and artificial foods. Eat healthy, in short.
- Be the best parent: This is the last tip I have for you but definitely not the least. Be the best parent for your children and exhibit this in the most thoughtful and loving way. Do not forget that the child’s first school is the parent’s lap. For example, if parents are smokers then definitely the child will be a smoker and you don’t have any right to say ‘NO’ to this. So, please be careful amidst your children, the way you behave, the way you live at home, your choice of words, your selection, your tastes etc everything will be under the observation of your children.
“If you don’t love them – don’t expect love from them”
“If you are lazy – don’t expect them to be active”
“If you are characterless – don’t expect them to be with good character, etc”
Because they come from you, sharing your blood, sharing your colour, sharing your genes, sharing everything of yours. Let us change for the change of your children, change of the nation. Make parenting sweet and easy by doing all these.
Have fun activities with your children- engage in DIY Projects (you can check a few on Youtube), engage in meditation for at least 30 minutes, laugh with them, cry with them, share your limited emotions with them, make them understand what you are! And what you are for!!
Hope you understand our valid ideas for your child! Make your child mentally-strong, spiritually-true, physically-fit, emotionally-great and strengthen their minds, hearts, hands and soul.
The special, pleasant, great present (gift), you can give to your child is ‘THE BEST SCHOOL’. Because everything gets decided here. So, your choice of ‘School selection’ is important. Be the best parent for your best child.