10 REASONS YOU NEED TO SEE A THERAPIST
Therapy is so much more than sitting on a couch.
There are lots of misconceptions about what it means to talk to a mental health professional. The need to talk about your emotions is seen as something to poke fun at, weak or shameful. That stigma is often why people do not seek help in the first place.
But here’s the reality: Therapy is an incredibly useful tool that helps with a range of issues, from anxiety to sleep to relationships to trauma to suicidal attempts.
- Mood swing change
- Withdrawal from things that normally bring you joy.
- Harmful thoughts.
- Indulging in the use of substance to cope with life.
- Loss of control over emotions.
- Sleep patterns being off.
- Feeling the need to talk to someone
- Unusual Loss of weight
- Relationship loss/ break up.
Risk involved not seeing a therapist:
- Suicidal attempt
- Constant use of substance with might damage the body system.
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Living with fear.
Like Chris Pine once said “Therapy’s like going to the gym.”