10 WAYS TO STEP OUT OF COMFORT ZONES (PART 1)
In truth, comfort zones are not really about comfort, they are about fear. Break the chains of fear to get outside. Once you do, you will learn and be accustomed to enjoying the process of taking risks and growing in the process.
A reminder; Life is outside the comfort zone not inside. You will not see things when you are all locked in.
- Switch up routine: Cease doing the same things every single day. Shuffle up your activities, add new ones, and probably new ways to achieve a task. Be flexible in your daily routines. Small shake-ups in your routine would lead to meeting new people and seeing different sights, which help kick-start ideas for both your work and personal life. Also, try to take breaks and socialize alongside.
- Move toward your fears. Take accountable risks: One of the things we tend to do habitually is moving away from things we’re afraid of. How very human, how very loving, to protect ourselves! Face these fears, they are definitely what is holding you down. Say no to it and do it afraid. You are capable.
- Give up control: Stop fighting with yourself. Stop fighting the universe and the natural flow of things. Stop resisting and pushing against reality.
- Try something new. It won’t hurt!: While some of us are enjoying more downtime now that we aren’t traveling for business or commuting to and from work, it could be the right time to take on a new hobby, develop a new skill, take a class to reflect on your resume or challenge yourself with a DIY (do-it-yourself) project.
- Get in front of the camera: One of the hardest things to overcome can be to get in front of a camera and hit the record button. Some people thrive in the “spotlight”, while others have no desire to be front and center. This would help to build your confidence.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. The hardest thing to do is leaving your comfort zone. But you have to let go of the life you’re familiar with and take the risk to live the life you dream about.
By leaving your comfort zone behind and taking a leap of faith into something new, you find out who you are truly capable of becoming.