When your happiness starts to rely too much on any person, achievement, or outcome (or a fragile combination of these) then you may discover that you’re emotionally dependent. That’s not an easy thing to face, nor is it in any way your fault but it is a challenge which may be vital to address. It takes great courage to learn how to overcome this sense of being emotionally dependent on people, events, or things but it’s worth doing so that you feel more in control of your life.
Check the following signs to know if you are emotional dependent:
1. the belief your life lacks meaning without them.
2. the belief you can’t find happiness or security alone.
3. a persistent fear of rejection.
4. a constant need for reassurance or validation.
5. feelings of emptiness and anxiety when spending time alone.
6. needing them to build your self-esteem, confidence, and self-worth.
7. feelings of jealousy or possessiveness.
8. difficulty trusting in their feelings for you.
Jumoke, am I communicating?
Leave a Comment