WHY FATHERS SHOULD BE ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN THE LIFES OF THEIR CHILDREN
A video circulated on social media a while back where a father was asked the birthday and the name of friends and teachers of his children and he wasn’t able to answer even one of the questions. This is sad so therefore today I am going to be sharing 5 reasons why fathers should be actively involved in their children’s lives
- The presence of a father Fosters psychological well-being and self-worth in children. It boosts their confidence: The emotional support provided by a father helps his kids to understand how much they are valued and loved.
- Provides children with a healthy model of fatherhood and gives them someone to look up to: Fathers who are actively involved in their children’s lives provide a positive male role model for their children
- Helps protect girls from prematurely seeking the romantic attention of men- The absence of the love and involvement of a father in the life of a female child will make her look for that love in men as she grows up and this could be very dangerous.
- Provide A Different Perspective-Children are naturally full of questions, and mothers and fathers approach those questions differently. Active fathers have a unique opportunity to share their perspectives on life and teach their kids valuable life skills!
- It makes children feel loved- Having a dad as a steady source of love and encouragement helps children grow up happy and healthy, with high self-esteem.
If you’re a father your children need your presence in their lives, make out time for them no matter how busy are.