10 Skills To Acquire As Humans
I can say with no doubts that hearing the word ‘skills’, you must already be clouded with thoughts related to work skills, technical skills or entrepreneurial skills, let me burst your bubbles, the skills we will be discussing today are basic life skills, which I trust to open up your minds to a clearer vision about life which would in turn be beneficial to our health;
- Skill of speaking up : Don’t shy away from being bold in speech, it is your life, it is your idea, make it known to the public. Be unapologetic about who you are and how you want to be perceived.
- Skill of having confidence: Have a little confidence in yourself, believe your ideas, some of your ideas and thoughts come to fruition because we believe in them. Be courageous about life. Don’t let someone’s success belittle your journey, say NO to intimidation, you are you and you have to be bold about that. That’s what matters.
- Skill of listening wisely: Listening means to actually see things from their point of view. Be a better listener than a speaker. Be quick to listen, this way you will learn lots of great pros and cons about life generally.
- Skill of knowing the real you: This is really important, you need to understand yourself, know what works for you and the things that don’t. No one will understand you better, except You. Place value on your worth, you are somebody and you should in constant remembrance of that knowing.
- Skill of managing your time: Time is a crucial resource for a successful life. Use your time wisely. Walk away from people who put you down. Walk away from fights that will never be resolved. Walk away from trying to please people who will never see your worth. The more you walk away from things that poison your soul, the healthier you will be.
- Skill of focus: Be a focused person, or better still, learn to focus. Whenever you want to achieve something, keep your eyes open, concentrate and make sure you know exactly what it is you want. No one can hit their target with their eyes closed. What you stay focused on will grow.”
- Skill of consistency: Continue with the passion as you started, keep on watering what you’ve sown. Don’t give up without seeing the end result, if you fail, rise again, you will definitely get it one time and that one time is going to be a BANG!
- Skill of honesty: Be honest about your product, be honest with the words of your mouth, be honest about YOU. Learn not to be who you are not, it will profit you nothing. There’s so much value in authenticity. Honesty is a virtue, covet it and live by it.
- Skill of patience: ‘A patient dog will surely eat the fattest bone’ – you must have heard this adage a million and one times, but deep within we know it is a truth. Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting, it shows you are expectant, and that which you’re expecting is going to be great, only if you believe.
- Skill of staying in the present moment: Stop thinking about what happened in the past, or what will happen in the future, live in the moment and savor it.
When you encounter various trials, big or small, be full of joy. They’re opportunities to learn patience. Life always works out. Things always turns out in your favor, even if it doesn’t go according to the original plan. Find comfort in knowing that all that you’re currently experiencing is a transition and transformation period that’s leading you to your bliss…