WAYS TO STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
In truth, comfort zones are not really about comfort, they are about fear. Break the chains of fear to get outside. Once you do, you will learn and be accustomed to enjoying the process of taking risks and growing in the process.
A reminder; Life is outside the comfort zone not inside. You will not see things when you are all locked in. Some ways to step out of your comfort zone include…
- Switch up routine: Cease doing the same things every single day. Shuffle up your activities, add new ones and probably new ways to achieve a task. Be flexible in your daily routines. Small shake-ups in your routine would lead to meeting new people and seeing different sights, which help kick-start ideas for both your work and personal life. Also try to take breaks and socialize alongside.
- Move toward your fears. Take accountable risks: One of the things we tend to do habitually is move away from things we’re afraid of. How very human, how very loving, to protect ourselves! Face these fears, they are definitely what is holding you down. Say no to it and do it afraid. You are capable.
- Give up control: Stop fighting with yourself. Stop fighting the universe and the natural flow of things. Stop resisting and pushing against reality.
- Try something new. It won’t hurt! Develop a new skill, take a class to reflect on your resume or challenge yourself with a DIY (do-it yourself) project, Travel, talk to that strange… live.
- Get in front of the camera: One of the hardest things to overcome can be to get in front of a camera and hit the record button. Some people thrive in the “spotlight”, while others have no desire to be front and center. This would help to build your confidence.
- Ask questions: Be inquisitive. Open your eyes, open your minds to things you don’t necessarily know even exist.
- Keep growth goals: Keep a track on the growth of your business. Learn credible strategies that would help your plans become a success.
- Open your arms to helping others: Take the time to help other people without expecting a reward or gratitude is definitely important in living an optimistic life. Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have. Be kind. Step out of that comfort zone by reaching out with a helping hand.
- Take nothing for granted: I’ve learnt a lot through suffering, as much as I have through success. And I’m grateful for the suffering the most. Suffering would lead you to a place where you would try to take nothing for granted. When you avoid taking your business and relationships for granted, it’s much harder to be complacent.
- Focus on the Fun: Enjoy the process of stepping outside your safe boundaries. Enjoy the fun of discovering things about yourself that you may not have been aware of previously.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. The hardest thing to do is leaving your comfort zone. But you have to let go of the life you’re familiar with and take the risk to live the life you dream about.
By leaving your comfort zone behind and taking a leap of faith into something new, you find out who you are truly capable of becoming.
How can you connect with others in an intimate way if you avoid being vulnerable?
How can you become more loving in your relationships if you avoid putting your pride aside and having those scary conversations?
How can you ever push into a new project, start a new business, pursue what you love … if you constantly put it off for fear of looking like a clown?
How can you learn anything if you look for certainty and avoid uncertainty?
A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing ever grows there. Outside of it is where magic happens. Comfort zone is the great enemy of courage and confidence.
Be stronger by taking that bold step today.